Sustainably Grown in Oregon’s Unique Appellations
At OM Extracts, we work with our family farm and a network of sustainable farmers from Oregon’s diverse Cannabis Appellations. We formulate Mindful Medicine rooted in the flavors of each region’s unique terroir.
Applegate Valley Appellation
AVA holds the greatest concentration of sun-grown Cannabis farms in Oregon, as a unique region within the Rogue Valley Appellation. Defined by the winding paths of the Applegate Rivers, the AVA features the oldest Cannabis legacy farm families in Oregon starting in the isolated town of Williams in the 1970s. This region is home to Oregon’s most legendary varieties of Cannabis, incredible tales of resilience, and belief in Mindful Medicine.
OM Extracts’ homestead farm is nestled amongst the fertile hills of Oregon’s Applegate Valley Appellation. We host a permaculture oasis farm, a living organism powered by the sun and the life-giving water of the Applegate River. Our goal is to improve our soil and ecosystem health as we cultivate Mindful Medicine. We work with and among a variety of plant allies, including CBD hemp Cannabis (with less than 0.3% Δ9THC) through an ODA Industrial Hemp Grower License, THC Cannabis through an OLCC Recreational Marijuana Producer License, marigolds, calendula, peas, clover, horsetail, mugwort, mullein, elder apple, madrone, oak, and fir to name a few.
- Blueberry Pie: a mellow cross of GSC x Blue Dream for a body-heavy cerebral feeling.
- Cactus: an OM Extracts favorite, high in THCV, researched for PTSD and anxiety relief.
- Cherry Berry: Elektra mixed with Cherry Pie (Grandaddy Purple x Durban Poison). A smooth 2:1.
- Chemdawg Sweet & Sour: we grew many chemovars of CSS, some had incredibly high CBDs!
- Durban Poison: energizing and clear-headed, this sweet pungent African landrace is a classic.
- Elektra: flavorful and relaxing Myrcene-dominant CBD variety bred by Oregon CBD.
- Full Moon: this captivating Thai landrace is borderline psychedelic, with a 1:3 ratio CBD:THC.
- Galactic Glue: this GG4 x Gobbstopper has 9% clove, hops, and chamomile terpenes and a diesely aroma.
- Golden Lifter: is a cross of Golden Goat (Hawaiian-Romulan x Island Sweet Skunk) and Lifter (Suver Haze x Early Resin Bud) that provides a great ratio of THC to CBD!
- Harle-Tsu: a reliable CBD variety cross, Harlequin x Tsunami is bred by Humboldt Seed Organization.
- Jet Fuel OG: diesel-lovers rejoice! Lineage with East Coast Sour Diesel, SFV OG Kush and OG Kush.
- Lemon Kush: pungent citrus, late finisher big mama bears with a 9% complex terpene profile.
- Lifter: SH50 x ERB. This is a classic ACDC was bred for field production by Oregon CBD.
- Nightmare Cookies: we grew a few CBD varieties of this GSC cross, including 2:1 and 1:1 CBD:THC cuts.
- Pineapple Kush: minty and pungent, this cross of Pineapple x Master Kush is heady and relaxing.
- Pine Candy: Pineberry x Sour Space Candy (Sour Tsunami x Early Resin Bud).
- Platinum GSC: Durban Poison x OG Kush x magical unknown variety. Cerebral and focused.
- Quantum Kush: Sweet Irish Kush x Timewreck genetics offer a clear-headed and relieving effect.
- Tangie: a West-coast classic born in Amsterdam, this variety is a Southern Oregon citrus heavy-hitter.
- Smawg: many phenotypes of this CBD-dominant Hemp variety from sweet to pungent to spicy.
- Sour Space Candy: Sour Tsunami x ERB, with more gas, chem, and OG terps than any other Hemp variety. Bred by Oregon CBD.
- Sour Tsunami: CBD:THC ratio of 7:1 , one of our farm’s favorite varieties since 2014.
- Suver Haze: Special Sauce x Neville’s Haze, bred and selected for high-CBD field production by Oregon CBD.
- The White: rosemary, hops, very purple, OG stank, mysterious lineage: maybe OGxPKxMK? with 9% terpenes.
- Viper Cookies: earthy sweet aroma, closer to its parent GSC than the Viper City OG.
Old Gold Gardens is a family-run, small-batch, craft Cannabis farm located on 69 beautiful acres in the Applegate Valley Appellation. “We grow exotic strains in no-till, living soil. We don’t use any synthetic or liquid nutrients but rather focus on organic dry amendments, cover crops, mulch, and companion plants…We utilize full sun and light dep growing practices to truly unlock the full potential of each cultivar.”
- Mr. Clean: Lime Skunk x The Cube (a Starfighter F3). Reeking of a lime popsicle, Mr. Clean has an uplifting, clear cerebral effect. Perfect for a daytime Cannabis experience or a focused, productive house cleaning session.
- Purple GSC: one of Old Gold’s signature strains, they have received glowing testimonials from patients with Crohn’s disease, chronic pain, and severe epilepsy. Mysterious lineage related to GSC.
Indigo Gardens: Located on ancient river bed soils, our farm is much more than just cannabis – it is a thriving ecosystem full of fruits, vegetables, flowering bushes, animals, and water resources. Planted in native soil and tended to by mother nature herself, the buds from our outdoor field are crazy rich in terpenes and other plant secondary metabolites. By taking extra care to always mulch and incorporate other plantings we are not only growing incredible cannabis – we are sequestering CO2 and building soil organic matter. Regenerating the earth is the goal, and world class cannabis is a beautiful byproduct.
Liontree Farms specializes in growing legendary strains with the power of the sun. Cultivated in living soil by a grower with over two decades of experience and a family legacy in farming, Liontree Farms elevates true-craft Cannabis to a new high. Located on their family homestead in the Sterling Creek Appellation within Southern Oregon’s renowned Applegate Valley Appellation.
- Blood Durban: The Blood is an heirloom Maui sativa known for its strength and unique terpene profile. It was crossed with Durban Poison to shorten the flowering time while retaining the rare terps and vibes of The Blood.
- Cherry Tiger: a fruity hybrid of Golden Tiger (Malawi x Meao Thai) and Cherry Cake (Goo x ATF x Cherry Bomb).
Benson Arbor (Previously Benson Elvis) is committed to Native Soil Organics without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides. In the mountains above Applegate Valley, Benson Arbor hunts seeds and cultivates award-winning Cannabis flower.
- South Fork Kush 56: Chemdawg x San Fernando Valley OG Kush, bred by South Fork Seeds.
At Sweden CBD, our growing philosophy includes winter cover crops, heavy mulching, water conservation and using a few whole form nutrients to create our low input growing system. We believe sun grown, full season cannabis is the path to a sustainable cannabis industry. – Mark Thorkelson.
- Blue Dream CBD: Blue Dream x California Orange CBD. Our terpiest high-CBD oil to date!
- CBD Yummy: Yumboldt x G13 Haze. Tropical, fruity, and uplifting with a ratio of 2:3 CBD:THC.
- Green C. CBD: Green C. x California Orange CBD. A 1:1 with a spicy, piney, and orange aroma.
- OG Kush CBD: Kandy Kush x unnamed CBD variety. Earthy, piney, and lemon terpenes with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio.
- Raspberry Diesel CBD: “Old World” Cherry Afghani x Sour Diesel #2. A spicy, berry 2:3 with cerebral effects.
- Sour Tangie: East Coast Sour Diesel x Tangie is a flavorful, uplifting variety with massive terpene levels.
Ananda Farms: “Dedication to our craft, terroir, and tilth of the land create the foundation of Ananda Farms. Located in Williams, Southern Oregon, our Sun Grown and Clean Green Certified flowers are produced with organically amended native soil. Meticulous harvest and curing practices contribute greatly to the consistent terpene and cannabinoid profiles that Ananda Farms has become known for.”
- Sour Diesel: pungent fuel and citrus notes, classic varierty with Caroyphyllene and Limonene terps.
Davis Direct offers “Quality Cannabis direct from the source.” They grow outdoors in Southern Oregon’s Applegate Valley Appellation using Dragonfly Earth Medicine amendments and regular compost tea applications.
- Marionberry OG Kush: Raspberry Kush x Space Queen, featuring the rare rosy-pine terpene, Guaiol.
- Raspberry Boogie: Sour Raspberry x Pink 2.0 with a citrus, leather nose and a pine, fresh taste.
- Wedding Cake: this classic cross of GSC x Cherry Pie (Granddaddy Purple x Durban Poison) is a West Coast favorite.
Applegate River Roots is a dynamic operation in the heart of Southern Oregon. They grow under the sun, “in native soil enhanced with biological methods, cover cropping and insectary species. Carefully selected and handcrafted with full integrity, we feel our product reflects the uniqueness of our approach and region.” Clean Green Certified.
- Rogue Valley Poison: a Southern Oregon bred cross of Durban Poison x Trainwreck. Has an old-school Trainwreck nose.
Rogue Valley Appellation
RVA stretches from the Southern border of Oregon up through the Northern edge of Josephine County (between Grants Pass and Roseburg), defined by the valleys and slopes of the Siskiyou Mountains. RVA farmers work with the living waters of the Rogue River’s tributaries: The Illinois, The Applegate and Bear Creek. In this fertile region of salmon and oaks, our Rogue Valley mountainsides and floodplains feature farmland between 1,000 and 3,000 feet elevation. The RVA climate is hot and dry in the summer, cold and wet in the winter with 150 sunny days, and gets only 25 inches of rain annually. This Mediterranean climate and unique landscape makes the RVA bioregion a prime location to grow organic seed crops, pears, wine grapes, and Cannabis. The varieties that thrive in this region are large, can handle hot summers, and can include late-finishing varieties like landrace sativas.
Green Source Gardens is a thriving polyculture paradise “at the top of an isolated watershed in the King Mountain appellation”. With a commitment to never use any pesticide on their gardens, they proclaim, “it is time to promote agricultural practices that not only provide us with healthy thriving biomass but also heal and build soil!” Kind, Clean Green and DEM Pure certified. Watershed Conscious Property Certificate, and winners of the Regenerative Farm award from the Cultivation Classic and the Emerald Cup. We combined two GSG-bred varieties to create “Golden Wonder Goo.”
- Cosmic Fruit: this Papaya x Purple Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle has a sweet smell of lemons and tropical fruit and has been known to be more uplifting.
- Golden Wonder Goo: Golden Wonder (Wonder Goo x Golden Gauge) x Wonder Goo (William’s Wonder x Black Goo (Blackberry x Afgoo)).
- Pinkleberry Kush: a fifth generation inbred line originating from the classic Blackberry Kush. This renowned pink and purple flower has a sweet, peppery flavor and an earthy, floral aroma.
Alter Farms is an award-winning, sun-grown cannabis farm on the Northern edge of Southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley Appellation. Their regionally-specific varieties are Clean Green Certified and grown in native soil.
- PHK (Purple Hindu Kush): Hindu Kush x Purple Afghani. This Southern Oregon variety, AKA Jaeger, offers a lemon-licorice scent with spicy floral undertones.
Village Green grows classic varieties organically outdoors in the loamy soils of Central Point.
- 3 Kings: this royal lineage is a cross of OG Kush x Sour Diesel x Headband and has a piney, diesel nose and taste.
- Durban Poison: Ed Rosenthal picked up this landrace variety in South Africa in the 1970s. Sweet Earthy aroma.
- Golden Goat: this flavorful cross of Mr. Dank’s Island Sweet Skunk and Hawaiian-Romulan is fruity, sweet, and spicy.
- Kosher Kush: unknown lineage, likely OG. Earthen spicy flavors. Most experiencing deep relief, relaxation and rest.
“East Fork Cultivars is a craft cannabis and hemp farm dedicated to breeding and growing chemically diverse, CBD-rich varieties. We operate with a resolute commitment to social and environmental responsibility, treating our farm as a living laboratory for sustainable agriculture. We also operate CBD Certified, a free education program designed to connect the industry with the latest rigorous cannabis research from the scientific community.” – Mason Walker
- Ozma: East Fork Cultivars says it’s likely Harlequin x Cannatonic x Sour Tsunami. A sweet and spicy 2:1.
Willamette Valley Appellation
WVA is the largest Cannabis-producing appellation in Oregon, between the coastal mountains and Cascade range, 150 miles along the central corridor from Portland to Cottage Grove. With abundant winter rains and mostly dry summers, this region features volcanic soil types and unique sub-regions in smaller valleys, especially outside Portland. Despite the lengthy growing season, most commercial Cannabis farms in WVA utilize greenhouses or indoor facilities to prevent fungal issues. The varieties that thrive in this region are mold-resistant and finish early.
Oregon Roots has been growing and selling to dispensaries since 2011. Their Tier 2 Outdoor/Indoor farm sits on the East facing hill of a 70 acre fruit tree and nursery stock farm above the Killin Wetlands, just West of Portland. Only organic pest control and all plants receive house-brewed teas developed in-house.
- 9 Lb. Hammer CBD: most will experience heavy effects from this CBD cross of Hells OG, Gooberry, and Jack the Ripper.
- Blue City Diesel: amellow, balanced hybrid with Blueberry and NYC Diesel. Groovy feelings all around with this variety.
- Cindy 99: stable, uplifting variety with potent cerebral effects. Their team has nurtured this cut for almost a decade.
Oregon CBD breeds Industrial Hemp varietals and specializes in feminizes f1 seed production. Founded by Seth and Eric Crawford, Oregon CBD is “one of the world’s leading, wholly independent cannabis breeding companies, with research and production, sited dotting the rolling hills of Oregon’s picturesque Willamette Valley.” OM Farms has been growing Oregon CBD genetics in our hemp fields since 2017.
- Elektra: flavorful and relaxing Myrcene-dominant CBD variety.
- Lifter: SH50 x ERB. This is a classic ACDC and was bred for field production.
- Suver Haze: Special Sauce x Neville’s Haze, bred and selected for high-CBD field production.