Sustainably Grown in Oregon’s Diverse Appellations
Applegate Valley Appellation
AVA holds the greatest concentration of sun-grown Cannabis farms in Oregon, as a unique region within the Rogue Valley Appellation. Defined by the winding paths of the Applegate Rivers, the AVA features the oldest Cannabis legacy farm families in Oregon starting in the isolated town of Williams in the 1970s. This region is home to Oregon’s most legendary varieties of Cannabis, incredible tales of resilience, and belief in Mindful Medicine.
OM Extracts’ homestead farm is nestled amongst the fertile hills of Oregon’s Applegate Valley Appellation. We host a permaculture oasis farm, a living organism powered by the sun, and the life-giving water of the Applegate River. Our goal is to improve our soil and ecosystem health as we cultivate Mindful Medicine. We work with and among a variety of plant allies, including CBD hemp Cannabis (with less than 0.3% Δ9THC) through an ODA Industrial Hemp Grower License, THC Cannabis through an OLCC Recreational Marijuana Producer License, marigolds, calendula, peas, clover, horsetail, mugwort, mullein, elder, apple, madrone, oak, and fir to name a few. The following list includes varieties grown on OM Extracts’ homestead farm and our partner farms, as well as blended varietals:
- Banana Cream Pie: Banana Cream Pie (GSC x Banana OG) x Lifter.
- Blueberry Pie: A mellow cross of GSC x Blue Dream for a body-heavy cerebral feeling.
- Blue City Diesel CBD: Blue City Diesel (Blueberry x NYC Diesel) mixed with Chemdawg Sweet & Sour.
- B. Banner’s White Widow: White Widow (A cross of Brazilian and South Indian landraces, bred by Shantibaba in the Netherlands in the 1990s) mixed with B**** Banner (OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel).
- Bubba Diesel: Pre-98 Bubba Kush mixed with Sour Diesel.
- Cactus: An OM Extracts favorite. This variety is high in THCV and has been researched for PTSD and anxiety relief.
- Cherry Berry: Elektra mixed with Cherry Pie (Grandaddy Purple x Durban Poison).
- Chemdawg Sweet & Sour: We grew many chemovars of CSS from seed, including a few with very high CBD levels.
- Chocolate Chip Banana CBD: Triple Chocolate Chip mixed with Banana Cream Pie and Suver Haze.
- Dog Walker: Albert Walker OG x Chemdawg 91. Pungent, skunky, and woody aromas, promotes deep relaxation.
- Durban Poison: Energizing and clear-headed, this sweet pungent African landrace is a classic.
- Elektra: ACDC x Early Resin Berry. Chocolate and wine notes. A relaxing, Myrcene-dominant CBD variety bred by Oregon CBD.
- Full Moon: This captivating Thai landrace is borderline psychedelic with a 1:3 ratio CBD:THC.
- Galactic Glue: This GG4 x Gobbstopper has 9% terpenes and a diesel aroma.
- Golden Lifter: Golden Goat (Hawaiian-Romulan x Island Sweet Skunk) mixed with Lifter (Suver Haze x Early Resin Bud).
- Harle-Tsu: Harlequin x Tsunami bred by Humboldt Seed Organization.
- Hawaiian Haze: DC Haze “CC” x Early Resin Bud. Bred by Oregon CBD. Uniquely floral terpenes, for a CBD variety, with faint pineapple and citrus facets.
- Jet Fuel OG: East Coast Sour Diesel x SFV OG Kush x OG Kush.
- Lemon Kush: This late finishing Master Kush x Lemon Joy cross gets huge. The sweet flavors of lemon and citrus combine well with the earthy, kush undertones.
- Lifted Lemons: Lifter mixed with Golden Lemons (Kosher Kush x Lemon Skunk).
- Lifter: SH50 x Early Resin Bud, a classic ACDC bred by Oregon CBD.
- Master Kush: Hindu Kush x Skunk. This cross of two famous landraces has pungent notes of earth and wood with a lemon base note.
- Nightmare Cookies: GSC cross, including 2:1 and 1:1 CBD:THC.
- Ogre CBG: Ogre (a skunky phenotype of Sensi Star) mixed with Hawaiian Haze.
- Peach Cobbler: Apricot Papaya x Strawberry Banana x Dream Queen. Bred by Humboldt Seed Company, it has a mouth-watering peach aroma and a sweet vanilla flavor.
- Pineapple Kush: Pineapple x Master Kush.
- Pine Candy: Pineberry x Sour Space Candy (Sour Tsunami x Early Resin Berry).
- Platinum GSC: Durban Poison x OG Kush x magical unknown variety. Cerebral and focused.
- Private Reserve CBD: Private Reserve (Sometimes known as OG #18) mixed with Lifter (Suver Haze x Early Resin Bud).
- PHK (S.O. Jager): Hindu Kush x Purple Afghani cross. Bred by Millerville Farms in the Illinois Valley, this classic Southern Oregon variety offers a lemon-licorice scent with spicy floral undertones.
- Quantum Kush: Sweet Irish Kush x Timewreck genetics offer a clear-headed and relieving effect.
- Raspberry Cola CBD: Root Beer Float mixed with Suver Haze. This varietal blend features a vanilla OG flavor and a CBD-dominant mellow experience.
- Root Beer Float: XXX OG x Vanilla Kush. Rich vanilla scent with pungent OG undertones.
- Smawg: CBD-dominant Hemp variety.
- Sour Space Candy: Sour Tsunami x Early Resin Berry, with more gas, chem, and OG aromas than any other Hemp variety. Bred by Oregon CBD.
- Sour Tsunami: NYC Diesel x Sour Diesel, one of our farm’s favorite varieties since 2014.
- Suver Haze: Suver #8 (Special Sauce x Neville’s Haze) x ERB (Early Resin Berry). Our farm’s most popular Hemp variety since 2017. Bred by Oregon CBD.
- Sizzleberry: Cross of two undisclosed berry varieties, bred in Oregon in the 2010s.
- Tangie: West-coast classic born in Amsterdam, this variety is a Southern Oregon citrus heavy-hitter.
- Tangie CBD: Sour Tangie mixed with Suver Haze. Terpene-rich varietal, uplifting and productive with 1:1 CBD:THC.
- The White: Rosemary, hops, very purple, OG stank, mysterious lineage.
- Tropical Cookies & Cream: Hawaiian mixed with Cookies and Cream (Starfighter x GSC). Sugar-sweet flavors and a minty-citrus aroma.
- Viper Cookies: Viper City OG x GSC. Energizing effects that one patient called ‘weekend vibes’ with an earthy-sweet aroma.
- West Coast Sour Diesel: Much skunkier scent than the traditional East Coast Sour Diesel.
- Zelly Lilly CBD: Zelly mixed with Lilly mixed with Suver Haze. Two loud sativas and hemp create a light THC-dominance and an awakening experience.
Old Gold Gardens is a family-run, small-batch, craft Cannabis farm located on 69 beautiful acres in the Applegate Valley Appellation. “We grow exotic strains in no-till, living soil. We don’t use any synthetic or liquid nutrients but rather focus on organic dry amendments, cover crops, mulch, and companion plants…We utilize full sun and light dep growing practices to truly unlock the full potential of each cultivar.”
- Candy Apple Kush: Sour Apple (bred by Obsoul33t) x Triple OG. This variety will please anyone with a sweet tooth or a sour craving – the OG flavor is loud! Bred by Exotic Genetix.
- Cream D’ Mint: Cookies & Cream x Mint Chocolate Chip. With GSC lineage on both sides, the Durban flavor and OG Kush effects are profound. Bred by Exotic Genetix.
- Mr. Clean: Lime Skunk x The Cube (a Starfighter F3). Reeking of a lime popsicle, Mr. Clean has an uplifting, clear cerebral effect. Perfect for a daytime Cannabis experience or a focused, productive house cleaning session. Bred by Exotic Genetix.
- Purple GSC: Mysterious lineage related to GSC. One of Old Gold’s signature strains, they have received glowing testimonials from patients with Crohn’s disease, chronic pain, and severe epilepsy.
- Triple Chocolate Chip: Mint Chocolate Chip x Triple OG. Dank and gassy, this is a real treat for fans of OG. Bred by Exotic Genetix.
Indigo Gardens: “Located on ancient river bed soils, our farm is much more than just cannabis – it is a thriving ecosystem full of fruits, vegetables, flowering bushes, animals, and water resources.” Indigo Gardens focuses on carbon sequestration by building living soil. “Regenerating the earth is the goal, and world-class cannabis is a beautiful byproduct.”
- Wookies: The White x GSC, bred by GrowRu. The aroma is sweet honey and pungent gas. “We are extremely blessed to have the opportunity to grow the GrowRu cut of Wookies. Very few people have the real Wookies that Aaron bred.”
Liontree Farms specializes in growing legendary strains with the power of the sun. Cultivated in living soil by a grower with over two decades of experience and a family legacy in farming, Liontree Farms elevates true-craft Cannabis to a new high. Located on their family homestead in the Sterling Creek Appellation within Southern Oregon’s renowned Applegate Valley Appellation.
- Blood Durban: The Blood is an heirloom Maui sativa known for its strength and unique terpene profile. It was crossed with Durban Poison to shorten the flowering time while retaining the rare terps and vibes of The Blood.
- Cherry Tiger: A fruity hybrid of Golden Tiger (Malawi x Meao Thai) and Cherry Cake (Goo x ATF x Cherry Bomb).
Benson Arbor (Previously Benson Elvis) is committed to Native Soil Organics without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides. In the mountains above Applegate Valley, Benson Arbor hunts seeds and cultivates award-winning Cannabis flower.
- South Fork Kush 56: Chemdawg x San Fernando Valley OG Kush, bred by South Fork Seeds.
“At Sweden CBD, our growing philosophy includes winter cover crops, heavy mulching, water conservation, and using a few whole form nutrients to create our low input growing system. We believe sungrown, full season cannabis is the path to a sustainable cannabis industry.” –Mark Thorkelson
- Blue Dream CBD: Blue Dream x California Orange CBD. Our terpiest high-CBD oil to date.
- CBD Yummy: Yumboldt x G13 Haze. Tropical, fruity, and uplifting.
- Green C. CBD: Green C. x California Orange CBD. A 1:1 with a spicy, piney, and orange aroma.
- OG Kush CBD: Kandy Kush x unnamed CBD variety. Earthy, piney, and lemon terpenes.
- Raspberry Diesel CBD: “Old World” Cherry Afghani x Sour Diesel #2. A spicy, berry variety with cerebral effects.
- Sour Tangie: East Coast Sour Diesel x Tangie is a flavorful, uplifting variety with massive terpene levels.
Ananda Farms: “Dedication to our craft, terroir, and tilth of the land create the foundation of Ananda Farms. Located in Williams, Southern Oregon, our Sun Grown and Clean Green Certified flowers are produced with organically amended native soil. Meticulous harvest and curing practices contribute greatly to the consistent terpene and cannabinoid profiles that Ananda Farms has become known for.”
- Sour Diesel: Pungent fuel and citrus notes, classic varierty with Caroyphyllene and Limonene terps
Davis Direct offers “Quality Cannabis direct from the source.” They grow outdoors in Southern Oregon’s Applegate Valley Appellation using Dragonfly Earth Medicine amendments and regular compost tea applications.
- Marionberry OG Kush: Raspberry Kush x Space Queen. Featuring the rare rosy-pine terpene: Guaiol.
- Raspberry Boogie: Sour Raspberry x Pink 2.0 with a citrus, leather nose, and a pine, fresh taste.
- Wedding Cake: This classic cross of GSC x Cherry Pie (Granddaddy Purple x Durban Poison) is a West Coast favorite.
Applegate River Roots is a dynamic operation in the heart of Southern Oregon. They grow under the sun, “in native soil enhanced with biological methods, cover cropping, and insectary species. Carefully selected and handcrafted with full integrity, we feel our product reflects the uniqueness of our approach and region.” Clean Green Certified.
- Rogue Valley Poison: A Southern Oregon bred cross of Durban Poison x Trainwreck with an old-school Trainwreck nose.
Rogue Valley Appellation
RVA stretches from the Southern border of Oregon up through the Northern edge of Josephine County (between Grants Pass and Roseburg), defined by the valleys and slopes of the Siskiyou Mountains. RVA farmers work with the living waters of the Rogue River’s tributaries: The Illinois, Applegate, and Bear Creek. In this fertile region of salmon and oaks, our Rogue Valley mountainsides and floodplains feature farmland between 1,000 and 3,000 feet elevation. The RVA climate is hot and dry in the summer, cold and wet in the winter with 150 sunny days, and gets only 25 inches of rain annually. This Mediterranean climate and unique landscape makes the RVA bioregion a prime location to grow organic seed crops, pears, wine grapes, and Cannabis. The varieties that thrive in this region are large, can handle hot summers, and can include late-finishing varieties like landrace sativas.
Green Source Gardens is a thriving polyculture paradise “at the top of an isolated watershed in the King Mountain appellation.” With a commitment to never use any pesticide on their gardens, they proclaim, “it is time to promote agricultural practices that not only provide us with healthy thriving biomass but also heal and build soil!” DEM Pure, Sun + Earth, Certified Kind, Watershed Conscious Property, and the Regenerative Farm Award from the Cultivation Classic and the Emerald Cup.”
- Ancient Art: Pennywise x Black Grape Romulan. Sweet grape notes, a “mellow way to melt away your day.” Bred by GSG.
- Cosmic Fruit: Papaya x Purple Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle, bred by GSG. Sweet smell of lemons and tropical fruit.
- Glazed Cherry Lotus: Glazed Cherry (Forum Cut GSC x Cherry OG, originally bred by Kief Sweat, this F3 by GSG) mixed with Cherry Lotus (Glazed Cherries x White Lotus, bred by GSG, Poly-hybrid) with a rich, sugary scent.
- Golden Wonder Goo: Golden Wonder (Wonder Goo x Golden Gauge) x Wonder Goo (William’s Wonder x Black Goo (Blackberry x Afgoo)), bred by GSG.
- Holy Widow: Holy C x Wise Widow, Poly-hybrid, bred by GSG. Sharp, herbaceous zest that dominates the nose, with honey undertones.
- Misty Mountain Daze: Blue Shiva x Sweet & Sour Widow. Earthy aroma with deep incense flavors. Gentle CBD:THC ratio for a grounded, functional experience. Bred by GSG.
- Pinkleberry Kush: Blackberry Kush, F5 bred by GSG, and selected for flavor and the classic pink pistils. As featured in High Times, this world-famous pink and purple flower has a sweet, peppery flavor and an earthy, floral aroma.
Alter Farms is an award-winning, sungrown cannabis farm on the Northern edge of Southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley Appellation. Their regionally-specific varieties are Clean Green Certified and grown in native soil.
- Hash Plant: Early 90’s Hash Plant cut. Sweet fir aroma with lemon citrus and skunk backnotes. Most patients experience deep mental and physical relaxation. This unique cut won 5th Place 2016 Cultivation Classic “Best THC Outdoor”
- Montana Silver Tip: Granddaddy Purple x Super Silver Haze, originating from “Big Sky” country. Sweet earthy, piney flavor with floral undertones. Rapid onset for a heady experience
- PHK (Purple Hindu Kush): Hindu Kush x Purple Afghani. This Southern Oregon variety, AKA Jaeger, offers a lemon-licorice scent with spicy floral undertones
- Purple Wildfire: Purple Hindu Kush x Flo x Trainwreck. Bred by “Mountain Man” aka “Wildfire”, an old-school guerilla grower from Southern Oregon. Nose: floral, perfume, turpentine. Clear and calm experience, with many patients reporting support for their PTSD symptoms. Winner 2019 Cultivation Classic “Best THC Outdoor”, 2nd Place 2019 Oregon Growers Cup “THC Outdoor”
Village Green grows classic varieties organically outdoors in the loamy soils of Central Point.
- 3 Kings: OG Kush x Sour Diesel x Headband. Classic pine, diesel nose with a pungent, mouthwatering OG flavor.
- Blue Hog’s Breath Kush: Hog’s Kush (SoCal Master Kush x Hawgsbreath) x Blue Dream x Sandstorm (Purple Pakistani Kush x Moroccan). More energizing than a typical Kush. Bred by Riot Seeds.
- Blue Magoo: DJ Short Blueberry x William’s Wonder F2 (aka Major League Bud). This classic Southern Oregon variety was bred in the mid-’90s
- Blueberry Kush: Blueberry x OG Kush. A sweet-earthy cross of two potent classics. Meditative, restful, and heavy.
- Cherry Chem: Cherry Pie x Chemdawg (bx3). This variety has a loud gas aroma and deep amaretto flavor, with the typical Chemdawg cerebral vibes. Bred by South Fork Seed Collective.
- Durban Poison: Ed Rosenthal picked up this landrace variety in South Africa in the 1970s. Sweet Earthy aroma.
- Game Changer: Purple Dragon (Blue Dragon x Purple Urkle) x Green Thai. This landrace hybrid’s lineage offers deep relief (from the purps) and an awakening boost (from the Thai).
- Golden Goat: This flavorful cross of Mr. Dank’s Island Sweet Skunk and Hawaiian-Romulan is fruity, sweet, and spicy.
- Kosher Kush: Unknown lineage, likely OG. Earthy, spicy flavors.
“East Fork Cultivars is craft cannabis and hemp farm dedicated to breeding and growing chemically diverse, CBD-rich varieties. We operate with a resolute commitment to social and environmental responsibility, treating our farm as a living laboratory for sustainable agriculture. We also operate CBD Certified, a free education program designed to connect the industry with the latest rigorous cannabis research from the scientific community.” -Mason Walker
- Ozma: East Fork Cultivars says it’s likely Harlequin x Cannatonic x Sour Tsunami. A sweet and spicy 2:1.
Willamette Valley Appellation
WVA is the largest Cannabis-producing appellation in Oregon. Between the coastal mountains and Cascade range, it extends 150 miles along the central corridor from Portland to Cottage Grove. With abundant winter rains and mostly dry summers, this region features volcanic soil types and unique sub-regions in smaller valleys, especially outside Portland. Despite the lengthy growing season, most commercial Cannabis farms in WVA utilize greenhouses or indoor facilities to prevent fungal issues. The varieties that thrive in this region are mold-resistant and finish early.
Oregon Roots has been growing and selling to dispensaries since 2011. Their Tier 2 Outdoor/Indoor farm sits on the East facing hill of a 70-acre fruit tree and nursery stock farm above the Killin Wetlands, just West of Portland. Only organic pest control and all plants receive house-brewed teas developed in-house.
- 9 Lb. Hammer: Most will experience heavy effects from this CBD cross of Hells OG, Gooberry, and Jack the Ripper.
- Blue City Diesel: A mellow, balanced hybrid with Blueberry and NYC Diesel. Groovy feelings all around with this variety.
- Cindy 99: Stable, uplifting variety with potent cerebral effects. Their team has nurtured this cut for almost a decade.